New Payor Checklist
Perform the following tasks
To assure your company is set up to report and remit royalty payments for Federal and Indian leases correctly and timely.
- Have a Payor Code assigned to your company (required for reports and payments)
For further information, contact:
Ms. Karen Witt-Harperkaren.firstname.lastname@example.org(303) 231-3463
- Set up electronic reporting on the Report of Sales and Royalty Remittance Form, MMS-2014: Electronic Reporting Options.
- Set up electronic payment for royalties and invoices (NOT for Courtesy Notice or tribal lockbox payments—see below) via electronic funds transfer (EFT):
- Pay.gov FAQ, Instructions and Examples
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) Instructions
- U.S. Treasury Fedwire Deposit System Instructions
Courtesy Notice payments, including Rent, are currently exempt from the electronic payment requirement. Be sure to time payments to meet the due date in your lease(s).
Tribal lockbox payments must be reported and sent timely to the tribes listed on the Payment Instructions for Indian Leases page.
- You must complete, sign and mail an External MRMSS Application Request Form (EMARF) for access to the ONRR Data Warehouse Portal so you will be able to view your archived Royalty (2014), OGOR and PASR reports, and your Statement of Account.
- You must complete, sign, and mail at least one original Form ONRR-4444, Addressee of Record Designation for Service of Official Correspondence to ONRR. Be sure to print and follow the instructions.
- You must complete, sign and mail a Request for Taxpayer ID, Form W-9, to establish your account with ONRR. Please read the instructions carefully.
Information and contacts to support and assist Payors
Payors can access PDF versions of the current handbooks via the links below. FM will provide one hard copy of these handbooks to current Federal or Indian lease reporters/payors only if they cannot access the PDF version on line.
To receive a copy, contact:
Barbara Fletcherbarbara.email@example.com(303) 231-3605
Open and print the information you need from the pdf versions of the payor handbooks below:
Accounts receivable and billing assistance is available from analysts, assigned by company name:
Lease and agreement maintenance and error correction assistance is available from analysts who are assigned by topic or state:
Royalty report analysis and error correction assistance is available from analysts who are assigned by company:
Late Payment and Overpayment Interest Tables, from 1997 to the present, are available at Late Payment & Overpayment Interest Tables
Reporter Training information and schedules are posted as soon as they are available at Reporter Training.
A comprehensive data base of Reporter Letters is available at Reporter Letters. Follow the instructions on that page to locate the latest information from ONRR.
Please forward changes or questions to Barbara.Fletcher@onrr.gov.